The SME3 Comp with lightweight TiNox rails offers every feature that enduro and gravity riders demand. Through specific design features, the saddle allows for uninterrupted rider position changes. The demands of enduro and gravity riding are reflected in the form of the saddle padding as well, which overall is relatively flat, with no kick up in the rear. This allows for fast position changes from sitting, to standing, to behind the saddle descending. The EVA padding with micro air pockets and a flex optimized shell boosts comfort while pedaling uphill and on long flat traverses.
- Uses: MTB, enduro
- Cover material: microfiber
- Padding: orthopedic AirCell foam
The shape and size of the saddle must match the sit bone width of the rider to maximize comfort and enjoyment.
The pelvic bone has a unique V-shape and the saddle must offer the sit bones a large contact surface with the ability to meet the demand of different sitting positions. Various saddle widths are offered so that the usable seat surface corresponds to the rider's unique sit bone distance.
The more forward and aggressive the rider sits, the further forward the sit bones contact the saddle.
Ergon saddles feature an ultra thin, flex optimized, carbon composite 3D saddle shell (carbon composite only on Pro and Carbon Pro models). The 3D pockets in the shell allow for extra padding under the sit bones. A Y-Flex front-to-rear saddle design provides unrestricted freedom of movement while pedaling.
1. Pressure distribution is maximized through EVA comfort foam with closed air cells.
2. Flex optimized self-supporting saddle shell.
3. Extra comfort: more foam in the sit bone area.
4. V-shape form supports frequent position changes by the rider.
5. Silicone side flanks reduce friction while pedaling.